Friday, January 18, 2013

Ship Shenanigans




















Okay, so this post may be a little late, but my last cruise on the Maasdam was probably my favorite I've worked. I'm not exactly sure what made the cruise so fantastic, but I think it just worked out to be a perfect combination of great ports, a terrific crew, fun guests, and that little bit of insanity that comes with seven-day-stretches.


My birthday was two days before the cruise started but mine was not the only birthday in the department. The Entertainment Department had eight birthdays in the month of October so we decided to really celebrate and hold a massive birthday party for the eight of us. We  are the entertainment department, so we know how to have a good time.  Jo got snacks, balloons, and streamers and the youth staff had the kids (all three of them) make a sign. I did not get a full shot of the sign, but each letter was decorated with a different pattern and and there were cakes with two or three candles.
All the birthday celebrants (the ninth is Iulian, one of the engineers who also had an October birthday)
 The sign was appropriate as the balloons and streamers caused us all to act like we were five.It's possible that we kicked and tossed the balloons around and had a little too much fun with the streamers.
The string quartet really enjoyed the streamers.


A few weeks later, after a lot of sea days, we celebrated Halloween. I was impressed with our guests, several of them went all out and had a lot of fun with their costumes. As crew, we also had a lot of fun. Jo and I went as punk rockers, we had Luna Lovegood, Superman, and a gladiator.  Our DJ,Brett, and Party Planner, Laurie, after failing to find costumes the liked, decided to go as each other. Brett shaved his legs, Laurie painted on a beard, and they wore each others clothes. It was the most brilliant costume idea I have seen in years. The party was supposed to last from until 11:00pm, but when I left at 12:00am the party was still going strong. Like I said, it was a great group of guests and that made the cruise so much fun.
Me, Brett, Laurie, and Jo



 Like I said, this was my best cruise yet, in all aspects. So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment